Sunday, June 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Pie

My father-in-law is a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate so for our Father's Day celebration I wanted to make something that I knew he would LOVE!


Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Pie
Recipe by Paula Deen


Ingredients:
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 box chewy fudge brownie mix
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups thawed whipped topping


Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Following the directions on the pie crust package place the un-baked crust into a 9" pie pan.
In a large bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
Pour mix into the un-baked pie crust and bake for 30-35 mins. Let cool for 20 mins before refrigerating for at least an hour. 
In a medium bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese on a medium speed until creamy. Gradually, add in confectioners' sugar until well  combined. Stir in whipped topping. Spoon mixture over brownie and refrigerated for at least 4 hours up to 3 days. 


Baker's notes:

  • The edge of my pie crust was almost burnt so I would suggest checking it and covering the edge with aluminum foil to avoid this from happening. 
  • Honestly, I felt that the pie crust didn't add much to the recipe and next time I'm going to just ice brownies or brownie bites with this delicious peanut butter frosting. 
  • I used low-fat cream cheese and whipped topping 
  • Topping suggestions: chocolate curls, mini reeses or large reeses cut in half or ground peanuts. 

No comments: