Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ranch Chicken Packet


Oh, how I love Pinterest!! I don't have to dig through magazines and cookbooks to find recipes anymore. I love that I can sort recipes into a folder for quick reference. To say that Pinterest has changed my life would be stretching it, but it really has made meal planning a lot more fun!!


I pinned this recipe from Big Oven on Pinterest. Everyone loved it and it has been added to the meal rotation!


Ingredients:


  • 1 package Stove Top stuffing; chicken flavor
  • 1 1/4 cup Water
  • 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 4 cups Fresh broccoli florets
  • 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 slices Bacon; cooked & crumbled (optional)
  • 4 Tbls Ranch dressing


Directions

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil. Combine stuffing mix and water. 
  • Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet. Top stuffing with a 6oz. chicken breast half. Top chicken with 1 c. broccoli. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of bacon, crumbled. I love bacon but you really don't have to have it in this recipe. If you are short on time, I would just skip this step. Drizzle with 1 T. ranch dressing
  • Fold foil into a packet leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 35-45 mins depending on the size of the chicken breast. Remove packets and let stand 5 mins.




Enjoy!


This is how my packet looked. The original recipe called for 6 oz chicken breasts to bake for 35 mins, I had Costco chicken breasts and it took about 45 mins. So, use your best judgement on the cook time. Chicken breasts are done when the internal temp is 165 degrees.





This is how the chicken looked after it was dished out. Pretty darn tasty!! The chicken stayed really moist, the broccoli was tender but not over done and the stuffing was gooey. 

No comments: