Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Wreath



I’m usually really into decorating for the holidays, however, we just bought a house in November and I've been feeling overwhelmed with decorating. So, in an attempt to get in the Easter spirit I decided to add some Spring to my front doors. 

I scoured Pinterest to find a cute and easy DIY Easter wreath. Luckily, I found a pin from Cindi’s Blog, showing a wreath made of Easter grass and plastic eggs. I study the picture for a few minutes and decided it met my cute and easy criteria. After going to Michael's for supplies I found it also met my cheap criteria too! The cost to make both wreaths was under $15!!

Supplies Needed:
  • 1-2 Wooden wreath forms (I purchased mine at Michael’s for $3.99 each, Cindi made her’s from cardboard)
  • 1 bag of Easter grass (it was enough to cover 2+ wreaths) $0.79
  • Approx. 2 dozen plastic Easter eggs for each wreath $4.25 for 3 bags.  
  • Hot glue gun and about 3 hot glue sticks for each form
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors


I laid the wreath form on a trash bag so when I was done trimming the grass, I could just bunch the bag up and toss it. 

Make a 3-4 inch zig-zag of hot glue directly on the form. 

Press grass onto the hot glue. Repeat until the entire wreath is covered in grass. 
Hold your wreath upside down and trim the grass to about 3-4 inches long. You can do this step before or after you glue the eggs in place. 
Add eggs to the wreath by placing hot glue directly on the grass and form then press the egg into the glue until it is secure. Next, add a pretty ribbon and hang up your wreath!!
Here is the finished project!! I'm really happy that I was able to throw both of these together in under an hour and get them up on my door to share with my neighbors. 
 I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter!!

No comments: