Pasta with Chicken, Spinach and Bacon
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. of chicken tenders, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in the large pan over a medium-high heat. Cook bacon until browned and crisp. Remove bacon and wipe out the pan with paper towels. Return the pan back to the heat and add 1 tbls of olive oil. Add chicken and cook completely for about 6 minutes. Return the bacon back to the pan and add garlic, cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Place the spinach into a colander and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted. Transfer to a large serving bowl and toss with the remaining olive oil and the bacon and tomato mixture.