|ISO 1600, Shutter speed 320 & Aperture 2.8|
What is better than a nice, hot bowl of soup on a cold day?
Chicken tortilla soup is one of my all time favorites, however, I rarely order it in restaurants because I always compare it to mine and it's never as good. This soup is not too spicy and freezes perfectly.
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 2 cups of frozen or canned corn (drained)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cans of chicken broth
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes
- crushed tortilla chips
- grated monterrey jack cheese
- chopped cilantro
- fresh lemon juice
- sour cream
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Saute carrots and celery for 5 mins. Add onion, garlic and jalapeno to the pan and saute until soft.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let soup simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
It's that easy!!
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do!