Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home-made Fried Rice

This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. It makes enough for dinner for four or for two with some left overs!

This recipe moves fast so I always make sure I have all my veggies chopped and ingredients laid out. Also, the rice needs to be cold so I make it the night before and throw it into the refrigerator. 

Ingredients:
2 cups - Cold Cooked White Rice
1/4 cup - Chopped Onion
1/4 cup - Chopped Carrot
1/4 cup - Green Pepper
1/3 cup - Diced Ham 
              (I usually request a 1/4" thick slice from the deli section or sometimes I can find Hormel thick sliced ham in the meat section that is prepackaged)
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp - Garlic Salt
1 tsp - Chicken Bouillon
2 Tbs - Soy sauce
2 Tbs - Vegetable Oil 


Heat a wok on high-heat. Add 1 Tbs of oil to the pan (do not use olive oil). Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Scramble eggs quickly in the heated wok. Stop the heat and remove the scrambled eggs from the pan into a dish. 


Return the wok to high-heat and add 1 Tbs of oil to the pan. Saute vegetables and ham until soft. Add garlic salt and chicken bouillon and mix well. 


Next, add rice and soy sauce. Mix well. Remove from heat and add the eggs back to the pan. 


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ben & Chelsea said...

I tried this out tonight! Very tasty! Thanks for the recipe, Theresa!